2012 DUG Eagle Ford Conference
See below for the 2012 conference agenda. To download a presentation, click the speaker’s name and enter the username and password you received via email following the event. Your log-in credentials are only applicable to this conference and may only be used by registered attendees.
2012 DUG Eagle Ford Show Report
October 15, 2012
Opening Keynote: Delivering on the Promise of the Eagle Ford
Newly independent Marathon Oil, which makes more than 370,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day worldwide and forecasts some $4.6 billion in 2012 capex, plans as many as 2,500 wells in its South Texas play during the coming few years. Here's a look at its leasehold, output and efforts to grow per-well results.
- David E. Roberts Jr., Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Marathon Oil Corp. - Presentation not available
Activity Overview: Drilling and Ongoing Leasing in the South Texas Sizzler
More than 170 rigs are actively drilling the Eagle Ford's wet and dry horizons, making it one of the nation's premier unconventional plays. Here's an overview of that activity, plus an expert view of ongoing leasing in the South Texas play.
- Allen Gilmer, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO, Drillinginfo
- Richard Mason, Chief Technical Director, Upstream, Hart Energy
Operator Spotlight: Pioneer Natural Resources' Exceptional Eagle Ford
This producer has operated from the North Slope to shark-infested waters offshore South Africa. What's capturing its 2012 capex attention? Beyond behemoth Permian Basin Spraberry and Wolfcamp assets, Eagle Ford continues to win rank. Get an exclusive update, with details on Pioneer's work in take-away, proppants and pressure pumping.
- Timothy L. Dove, President and Chief Operating Officer, Pioneer Natural Resources
Operator Spotlight: Swift Energy's South Texas Sweet Spot
Swift Energy entered South Texas in 1988 by purchasing interests in the AWP Field. It dramatically expanded its footprint by adding Briscoe Ranch, Sun TSH and Las Tiendas properties in 2007 – a prescient investment made before the great Eagle Ford land rush. Learn how Swift is leading innovation by how it surfaces its vast resources.
- Terry Swift, CEO, Swift Energy
Operator Spotlight: EP Energy's Flagship, the Eagle Ford – Optimizing Spacing to Maximize Value
The highest return and highest value asset in their 4 TCFE portfolio of proved reserves, the Eagle Ford produced more than 16,300 BOE per day (80 percent liquids) for EP Energy in 2Q 2012. Bought earlier this year from El Paso Corp., the newly private company plans to drill 86 wells in the Eagle Ford oil window this year. Here, find current drilling results and hear how EP Energy is testing well spacing to optimize oil recovery.
- Greg Givens, Vice President, Eagle Ford, EP Energy LLC
The Economics of North American Unconventionals – A Spotlight
Here, Eagle Ford economics are contrasted with those of other North American horizontal plays, and insight is provided on whether this South Texas play's margins are improving or have met with any impasse.
- Mark Sooby, Managing Director, Energy Investment Banking, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Networking Luncheon and Keynote Speaker: Honoring America's Armed Forces
Sergeant Dakota L. Meyer is the first living Marine to receive the Medal of Honor since 1973 and one of the youngest recipients ever. He addresses inspiration, motivation, courage, leadership and belief in oneself and doing what is right. Join him in celebrating how America's armed forces protect freedom and human rights around the world.
- Sgt. Dakota Meyer, Medal of Honor Recipient, U.S. Marine Corps (retired) - Presentation not available
Upstream Track - International Spotlight: A Global E&P's Worldview of North American Unconventionals
Statoil, Norway's leading oil and gas company and a major offshore operator, has made a big push in recent years in the Marcellus, Eagle Ford and Bakken plays. In the Eagle Ford, its joint venture with Talisman Energy covers 160,000 net acres, and a large portion of the leasehold lies in the wet gas window. Here, Statoil's ongoing North American unconventional developments are described in detail.
- Torstein Hole, Senior Vice President, Statoil
Midstream Track - Midstream Spotlight: Bringing Eagle Ford Natural Gas and NGLs to Market
With more than 250 miles of new gas-gathering and residue-delivery pipeline, TEAK Midstream LLC has also added a 200-MMcf/d cryogenic gas-processing plant in South Texas for anchor-producer joint-venture partners Talisman Energy USA Inc. and Statoil Natural Gas. Here, learn how TEAK Midstream developed the midstream assets needed to move producer’s natural gas and NGL production from the wellhead to Gulf Coast markets and beyond.
- A. Chris Aulds, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, TEAK Midstream
Upstream Track - Operator Spotlight: Rosetta's Eagle Ford Plan – Leaving No Stone Unturned
A top-10 Eagle Ford producer which operates some of the play's best wells, Rosetta Resources is putting 90-plus percent of its 2012 capex budget into its roughly 65,000-net-acre South Texas position. Learn how it plans to develop its Gates Ranch, Karnes Trough, Briscoe Ranch and Central Dimmit locations, and how it expects its production to grow.
- John D. Clayton, Senior Vice President, Asset Development, Rosetta Resources Inc.
Midstream Track - Midstream Spotlight: Processing and Fractionating South Texas NGLs
Copano Energy considers the Eagle Ford play "one of the best in North America." It's investing ≈$1 billion toward monetizing producers' output, with >100,000 BPD fractionation and 1 billion-plus cubic feet daily pipe and processing capacity planned. Service areas, in-service dates and take-away dynamics, are explained in detail.
- James E. Wade, President and Chief Operating Officer, Copano Energy LLC
Upstream Track - Service and Supply Panel: Rising to the Challenges
Water, proppant and guar-gum shortages disrupt South Texas producers' ability to operate at the lowest cost. In response, service firms and producers are developing new sand mines, buying new frac spreads and hoping for reliable Indian monsoons. This panel explores challenges companies face meeting needs in the Eagle Ford.
- Modern Practices to Increase Well Productivity and Operational Efficiency from Hydraulic Fracturing Treatments in the Eagle Ford Shale
Alejandro Peña, WPC Chemistry and Materials Portfolio Manager, Well Services, Schlumberger
- Christopher J. Robart, Principal, PacWest Consulting Partners
- Mike Loudermilk, Vice President, Drilling, Lewis Energy Group
Midstream Track - Midstream Panel: Building Out Eagle Ford Take-Away
Gas processors, storage operators and transporters are scrambling to accomodate the Eagle Ford's burgeoning volumes. Upstream producers need to access the best markets for their productions; these midstreamers are showing the way and taking it home.
- Brian Frederick, Senior Vice President, Southern Region, DCP Midstream
- Mike Howard, Chairman and CEO, Howard Energy Partners
- Richard Cargile, President, Midstream, Energy Transfer Partners
Spotlight: Eagle Ford Projects, Plans and the New North American Outlook
The vigorous pace of oil and gas production poses a continuous challenge to midstream operators tasked with ensuring that production reaches the markets. Here's how leading North American oil-pipeline operator Plains All American Pipeline is pushing forward.
- Greg L. Armstrong, Chairman and CEO, Plains All American GP LLC
Closing Keynote: ConocoPhillips' Ramp-Up in the Eagle Ford
With legacy South Texas acreage via its 2006 acquisition of Burlington Resources, ConocoPhillips has been strategically growing its Eagle Ford asset profile since 2009 for liquids-rich pay with, for the most part, 100 percent working interest. "ConocoPhillips was fortunate to acquire a strong position with low acreage costs in the Eagle Ford — one of the best shale plays in the country — before industry attention in that area became so intense," says Don Hrap, president, ConocoPhillips Americas. Here are details of the supermajor's well results and drilling plans in the play.
- Don Hrap, President, Americas, ConocoPhillips
October 16, 2012
Upstream Track - Opening Spotlight: The Eagle Ford Task Force
As a veteran of the oil and gas industry, Texas Railroad Commissioner David Porter well understands how E&P operators' efforts and Texas constituents' goals converge – and how the reward-rich Eagle Ford play brings to all Americans a major step toward the future security of U.S. energy supply.
- Commissioner David Porter, Chair, Eagle Ford Task Force, Texas Railroad Commission - Presentation not available
Midstream Track - Analyst Spotlight: The Money's View of Eagle Ford Midstream
As producers monetize their tremendous Eagle Ford resources, what are the best economics for gathering and processing its robust NGL stream, and which market hubs offer the best margins? Here, longtime energy analyst Becca Followill explains.
- Becca Followill, Senior Managing Director, Head of Equity Research, U.S. Capital Advisors LLC
Upstream Track - E&P Technology Roundtable: What Makes the Best Wells
Perforation optimization, frac-fluid formulas, proppant specifications, treatment pressures – these completion variables profoundly impact initial rates and ultimate recoveries. Here, experts discuss the latest completion technologies and techniques that appear to deliver superior results.
- Bill Melton, Completions BD Manager for South Texas, Halliburton - Presentation not available
- James King, Director of Applications Engineering, Sales & Operational Support, Baker Hughes - Presentation not available
- Dave Cramer, Engineering Fellow, Completions, ConocoPhillips - Presentation not available
- J.D. "Joey" Hall, Vice President, South Texas Asset Team, Pioneer Natural Resources Co. - Presentation not available
Midstream Track - Eagle Ford Crude Panel: How it is Moving, Where it is Going and What This Means
Producers are employing pipes, trucks and trains to get Eagle Ford liquids to market and, combined with Bakken and other new U.S. oil supply, it's possible U.S. Gulf Coast refiners will quit light, sweet imports by year-end 2013. Here, panelists discuss the surge of Eagle Ford liquids and how those volumes are affecting the status quo.
- NuStar's Pipeline Plans for the Eagle Ford, Plus an End-User Build-Out Forecast
Curt Anastasio, CEO and President, NuStar Energy LP
- Refining Unconventional Oil: Unconventional Resources Invigorate Mature Industry
Greg Haas, Manager of Research, Hart Energy
- Shale Oil Revolution: a Refining Balancing Act
Odette Eng, Vice President, Global Refining, Select WorleyParsons
Operator Spotlight: Proving Yet More Eagle Ford Potential
- H.C. "Kip" Ferguson III, Executive Vice President, Exploration, Magnum Hunter Resources Corp.
Sanchez Energy’s Findings From The Oil Window — Plus Buda, Austin Chalk, Pearsall
Eagle Ford pure-play Sanchez Energy Corp. has a long history in South Texas, developing an oil-window Eagle Ford program since 2008 and as a long-time producer from the Austin Chalk. Plus, it has Buda production and plans for the Pearsall formation. Discover this unique insight into South Texas hydrocarbons.
- Tony Sanchez III, Chairman and CEO, Sanchez Energy Corp.
New-Play Spotlight: Findings in the Horizontal Woodbine
A decidedly unconventional exploration and production company launches drilling on an approximately 72,000-net-acre Eagle Ford leasehold and almost 90,000 nearly contiguous Woodbine/Eaglebine acres. Here's an update on its development of this Texas position.
- Thomas Bowman, Executive Vice President, Evaluation, Geology and Geophysics, ZaZa Energy Corp.
Stacked Plays Panel – More, Abundant South Texas Plays
The Escondido, Olmos, Austin Chalk, Eagle Ford, Pearsall and Buda are among multiple objectives being investigated by South Texas operators. What's the nature of each, and what is their potential?
- Reservoir Overview: Eagle Ford, Escondido, Olmos, Austin Chalk, Pearsall, Woodbine, Buda
Allen Howard, President and CEO, NuTech Energy Alliance
- The Pearsall Play
Rusty Shepherd, CEO, Momentum Oil and Gas
- The Olmos
Mark E. Semmelbeck, Vice President, Engineering, Escondido Resources II LLC - Presentation pending
Former U.S. Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich will give attendees an insider's perspective on the role energy and energy companies play in the upcoming election.
- Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House and Presidential Candidate